Wednesday, November 11, 2009

movement composition entry #1,2,3


I had all these blogs saved, but I never published them, so now it all looks like I wrote these on the same day. So I guess I'll just label them the dates I actually wrote them all. =P


November 8, 2009


This is my first entry on the movement composition project, although I should have blogged a lot sooner. My mistake. Hopefully I'll be more on top of things. :]

Ms. Weil recently assigned the movement composition project to us during class. She performed for us once and I thought it was a really powerful performance. It's actually really inspired me to try really hard for this project because her performance was laid out so well and it was really moving and I want to be able to perform that well in front of an audience.


I had a lot of songs in mind to perform to because I'd hear one song and think of a really good idea, and then I'd think of another one. I just had too many songs going through my mind and I couldn't decide very well. I'm still not totally sure about which song I'm going to do it to, but so far I'm going to be performing to Our Song by David Choi. Not totally sure though. I have a perfect beginning for the song, but I can't think of anything else past that. 

I also have scanned the rubric and the assignment description as well. 

The first document is the assignment description and the second is the grading rubic





















With the grading rubric, now I know what I need to focus more on in order to get a super good grade.


November 9, 2009


I'm still having loads of trouble deciding on a song. I can't really decide between a comical performance or a dramatic performance. I keep thinking of perfect openings for songs, but past the first thirty or so seconds of the song, I can't think of anything else, it's really bugging me because i only have a week left to choreograph and I should really hurry up and start choreographing and practicing for the performance. BUT I NEED A SONG. I didn't think it would be this difficult. Well, so far, I'm still thinking about doing Our Song by David Choi because that's the only song I can choreograph a little to. 


November 10, 2009


I think I just spent around an hour looking for songs. I honestly didn't think it would be this difficult to choose one. I don't know how I'm going to finish choreographing and practicing my movement composition in time for the performance next week. I would have to say, it might have been a little easier to do it with a partner, but I seriously have good ideas of what to do, and then I blank on them. I tried acting out random movements that went along with a storyline, but it just seems so stupid and simple. I want it to be a good, interesting performance like Ms. Weil's, but I can't seem to do it. I can't even start the darn process anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment