Tuesday, November 17, 2009

movement composition.

Today is the day before my performance! I'm super nervous yet I'm super excited to perform it. After watching a couple people perform before me, I realized a lot of things that I need to accentuate and exaggerate while I'm on stage. It also looks like fun to perform the silent scene.

Performance Prediction
  So my performance is finally tomorrow. I spent a significant amount of time on my performance that included practicing and even just brainstorming things to do. I'm pretty confident that with all the time and effort I put into my piece, it will turn out fairly well. Now I don't expect perfection because even within the choreography I have in my head, I know it could use a couple touch ups in the storyline, but I think it's a bit too late to change the full story now. 
  I think the things that will go well during the performance are the lip syncing and just overall knowing what to do at what part of the song. I listened to the song over and over to make sure I knew all the lyrics and timing perfectly so I could eliminate that possibility of an error. I know all the lyrics that I could practically sing the song in my sleep. I have also memorized all the choreography and the timing and what's supposed to be going on at what lyric of the song or what instrumental part. I'm also pretty confident that I'll be able to portray my facial expressions really well because I have a tendency to do that naturally, so I only have to take it a couple notches higher. Also since I've seen many teenage girls on TV or in movies act like this, I know what kind of expression I need to have at what part of the song.
  Now there are a couple things I am worried about at the same time. I didn't have a very big area to rehearse my composition. I used a pretty narrow hallway in my house because it was the only place long enough to choreograph anything. The stage on the other hand is a much larger space and I'm worried about getting lost at where to go or getting stuck on one plane of the stage and just staying there. I want to be able to move around the entire stage evenly divide up the stage area that I use. I also am worried about my position on stage. I didn't get to practice on a set stage as I said before and I don't know how to best cheat out to the audience and I'm afraid of accidentally showing my back to the audience instead of my face and I don't want them to miss the expression I put on. 
  So I think this is pretty much all I'm predicting that will happen tomorrow. As long as I get a little bit of time to practice on the actual stage before my performance, I think I'll be fine. I just need to concentrate and let my emotions run free and I'm sure I'll be able to do a good job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment