Monday, November 16, 2009

movement composition.

So I'm cramming for the performance basically. I know I just have to do the character analysis and the plot summary, but I'm not even finished choreographing yet. I mean, I have most of it, but I still have a WHOLE lot of work to do. 

Character Analysis
My character is a teenage girl who is lovestruck. She's basically in love with her boyfriend and she's a really happy, giddy person. 

Plot Summary/ Story Analysis
The scene takes place in the girl's room. She starts out laying on her bed and she is writing a song about her boyfriend. She struggles with it at first but then suddenly gets a brain blast and finishes the song and sort of sings it to herself. Then she dances around her room and picks up a picture of him and hugs it and kisses it and puts it down. Then she looks into her closet and finds his jacket that she always wears and she takes it off the hanger and puts it on and sort of cuddles in it. Then she just dances around her room with the picture in her hand like she's dancing with him.

That's really all I have so far with the plot summary and the story analysis. I know what I want to portray through the song, but I still have trouble blocking everything out and thinking of distinct pantomime gestures to tell my story. Hopefully I can think of more things to do and actually have genuine practice.

 During class, a couple people performed today and I sort of got an idea of what I could improve upon. A lot of people were concentrated on one plane of the stage, so I think I might just broaden it out and use as much stage as I can. Also, not many people had complicated movements, so I don't think I need to worry too much about making it too complicated. Simple is really the best because you can really tell what the actor is doing up on stage. Facial expressions also play a HUGE part in this performance, so I need to really get into my part too.

No comments:

Post a Comment